Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Loophole in "Decison Making Model"

My thinking process is slightly different from others. And I am not much interested in studies but when study something new I used to apply my mind behind that theory.

In class of managerial communication before some days I learned decision making model. I forgot the name who invented it. Basically there are four steps in decision making model. These are as follows.

1) Find the Problem
2) Find different-different solution
3) Select the best alternative among them
4) Apply that

We studied this much in that theory but now I have question. This is a decision making model so after 4th step you need to check that whether your decision is right or not. so that you can check that what is the effectiveness of your decision?

So according to me 5th stage should be something like “FEEDBACK”.
From the feedback, I recall one nice quote so let me share it with you “Feedback is breakfast for Winner”.

2 comments:

  1. I think u r a software engineer if I am not wrong coz the steps implemented r the same there also as far as my knoledge is concerned!

    VAMSEE

    sabkuchdilse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since it is a decision making model, it helps you to make decisions. The model doesn't tell you if your decision is correct or incorrect. And, there is no such thing as right or wrong. It depends on the situation, environment etc etc. I don't think this is a loophole, but feedback can make the decision maker make better decisions next time around.

    ReplyDelete