Saturday, March 27, 2010

Be Open

I learned one nice lesson during my job last year. It was completely marketing job so everyday I had to meet new-new people with different-different mind sets.

One day I was on call. It was 5 P.M. I was sitting in client’s office and waited for him. After 10-12 minutes he came and started to make apology for being late. In very polite manner I replied, “Its ok, Sir.” Then I started to chat with him regarding his family background and his other investments.

After some time, suddenly he called his servant by. His servant came in office and replied,”BOLO SAHEB”. Now my client was looking at me and asked me “chay chalegi na”. I replied, “No, Sir” then he asked me for coffee I denied again.

(This was our first meeting so I denied offer of tea and coffee but later I learned that just drink whatever client offer to you but dependence on situation because that tea, coffee or whatever will allow you to chat more with your client. And after all marketing is all about chatting. )

He forced me lot but I denied. At last he told me that “Sham ka time hai kuch to lena padega” (its an evening time please take something)

So I told him that “Ok sir, kuch bhi manga lo”

So finally he placed ordered to his servant “Suno mere liye ek chay aur ye bhai ke liye ek cup doodh(milk) le ke aao”. Servant was just about to left office but I stopped him and order him tea.

(Doodh order kar diya muje kya koi chota baccha samaj ki rakha hai)

Laughter of three of us spread out in office and delighted surroundings.

Then my client to me, “agar pehle hee chai ka order de diya hota to”

I had no answer for that question. I just smirked and took out some paper for presentation.

After finishing call when I went to my office and told this incident to my sale manager and my other colleague then they all laughed me at lot.

So, just be open while you are dealing with people. Otherwise you will be in trouble like me.

8 comments:

  1. Hmmmm yeah dat happens ...When we meet new people often we get nervous thinking hw to behave n all that ..but the best thing is to be ourself ..becoz thats the most we are confortable wid ! n its gud u can laugh abt it , for it made u learn something ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice post
    good blog
    keep blogging

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its great that u share your experience...It really help naive persons

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good bolg with niche observation but you should have justify your blog. It looks professional after justification.
    Keep doing
    Follow me on kd-kartikdave@blogpost.com and give your comments.
    Have a great time ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good learning.....from small incident......keep blogging......

    ReplyDelete
  6. The incident was very small and insignificant but you certainly learned a biiig leason from it..Nice post..:)

    http://ashes-phoenix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. life is all abt learning. so keep learning

    ReplyDelete
  8. To be frank I came here just to comment any thing!But really a nice post!Life is really all about learning!

    vamsee

    sabkuchdilse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete